Tourist sector in CB should be further supported to optimize the offered tourist services and to create new, improved tourist products, including for new target groups.
The main goal of the project is to support the sustainable development of heritage tourism in the CB area and establish the region as an international destination for senior and accessible tourism, including tourism for persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility in general and their families.
The project 4ALL aims to:
- exchange and import know-how and good practices related to the improvement of the accessibility of cultural and natural heritage structures (people-to-people activities)
- improve the accessibility and visitability of selected cultural and natural heritage assets in the CB area (accessibility works)
- revitalize and maintain structures of both cultural heritage, such as the Castle of Berat, in order to reveal its unique architectonic values estimated by UNESCO and such as the National Park of Pindos and other Natura 2000 ecosystems across the CB area (heritage capitalization)
- improve the capacity of authorities responsible for the management of cultural and natural heritage assets, and of professionals from tourist field (such as guides, travel agents, event organizers, transportation services) in better addressing the needs of senior and accessible tourism (capacity building activities)
- develop revitalization of historical monuments, enhance local community capacities in terms of tourist reception, create artisanship and traditional gastronomic corners within the monuments area (enhancing craftsmanship & traditional products)
- raise awareness of the locals, especially of young people, in relation to the potential of heritage tourism, the importance of endorsing strategies for sustainable development and inclusive design (awareness activities)
- collect data related to the accessibility and friendliness to disabled and elderly visitors of key cultural and natural assets of the CB area (field studies)
- improve the visibility of cultural and natural heritage assets that are accessible and friendly to all, through electronic and physical media, campaigns, etc. and by producing an informative guide for all; visitors with useful information for the elderly and the disabled (branding & promotion);
- conduct a joint strategic planning study towards branding the CB area as an international tourist destination for elderly and disabled, of high quality at low to medium cost (policies & plans);
- measure satisfaction and behavior of elderly and disabled visitors in supported structures, and in the CB area at large (tourist behavior & satisfaction surveys).
Relevant experience includes: Interreg project ACCESSIBLE CITIES (www.prosvasimes-poleis.eu), Interreg project A4ALL (www.a4all.gr), Adriatic IPA ArTVision Project (www.artvision.agency), etc.